This weeks TWD challenge was the reason to check the local cooking supply stores. I try to avoid them (especially the trade ones, so much temptation). But, I had the realisation that frequent (weekly) cakes in the house will involve shopping of another kind (clothes in a much bigger size) if portions didn’t shrink. So, you see I had to go, and in fact I was rather restrained.
- The cake tin 18 cm , not 6 inch but close enough (a chance to go looking again ha! ha!). ($14.40)
- A rather large whisk that I have read about being useful when making sponges, for the final incorporation of flour ($13.22)
- A replacement plastic spatula (good for encouraging things out of pans when you don’t want to scratch them) the old one was worked to death. ($2.56)
- Another icing bag (Does anyone else have them go missing?) ($11.19)
- A pastry scraper with ridges. ($1.81)